Diverse Demands on a Women’s Ministry Director
Join us for our 2017 Gathering of DOWMs as we find a way to spin the plates gracefully…
Monday, October 23 – 1 pm to 9 pm (includes dinner)
Tuesday, October 24 – All day (includes lunch and dinner)
Wednesday, October 25 – 8 am to Noon
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to collaborate, fellowship and learn together with women who serve as Women’s Ministry Directors in the denomination. In addition to having time to just enjoy one another and celebrate God’s grace in our lives, we will have the privilege of hearing from others in our ministry field who have a rich heritage of experience to share. Their lives and ministry history will inform and inspire us in our own sphere of influence.
This gathering is for all paid PCA Directors of Women’s Ministry (full-time and part-time).
As a woman working in ministry, you serve God’s Word on many different types of plates—
- The fine china of Bible studies when ladies expect a well-presented plate of scriptures
- The everyday dishes of one-on-ones and counseling when a hurting woman knocks on your door needing an immediate bit of hope
- The staff lounge’s mismatched plastic plates as you strive to apply His Word to workplace dynamics
The challenge is spinning these plates all at the same time – and too often we end up going home to eat cold spiritual leftovers on flimsy paper plates.
Stack those plates on the counter for a few days while we dish up some good reminders of His truth, practical helps for the workplace, and encouragement for spinning the right plates well.
Abby Hutto will be speaking on “Coming Alongside Women with the Gospel.”
Together we will:
- practice taking truth to our own hearts when we feel unsure, frustrated or insecure
- learn practical skills and tools to guide our conversations with others as we seek to help them see Jesus in their personal stories, struggles and situations
- practice skills for facilitating Gospel saturated groups that create a safe place for others to grow in their understanding of who God is and walk forward in a life of faith with Him
Abby Hutto is the Director of Women’s Ministry at Walnut Creek Presbyterian Church in Gahanna, Ohio. She also works for Parakaleo, a ministry that comes alongside women in ministry, as a Network Leader, Gospel Coach and Alongside Trainer. She loves to study and teach God’s Word and delights in helping others experience and know their Heavenly Father better. Abby is married to Ken, and they have two children, Hannah and Harris. They live in Westerville, Ohio.
- $175 – Early Registration fee (by Sept. 29)
- $195 – Regular Registration (Sept. 30-Oct. 13)
The registration fee does NOT include your lodging. You will need to make a reservation by October 1 to stay at the Hyatt Place. If you need a roommate, please email Kathy Wargo; she will keep a list of those who need roommates.
If you have registration questions, please contact Kathy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 678-825-1132.
- Monday, October 23, begins at 1 pm at Perimeter Church
- Tuesday, October 24
(includes lunch and dinner)
- Wednesday, October 25, ends at 11:30 am
9500 Medlock Bridge Road
Johns Creek, GA 30097