CDM announces search for new Children’s Ministry Coordinator
Sue Jakes announced her anticipated retirement from CDM’s Coordinator of Children’s Ministry to occur in 2022. As the original Coordinator for Children’s Ministry in the PCA, Sue has been God’s instrument to equip churches and families to teach and serve the next generation. We are grateful to God for her faithful leadership in this covenant responsibility. CDM is now screening interested and qualified candidates to carry on this important ministry as Sue transitions to serve the the Lord and His Church in new ways.
Children’s Ministry Coordinator Job Summary: Plan, administer and coordinate all aspects of the ministry of the Permanent Committee on Discipleship Ministries (CDM) to equip and encourage those who are making disciples among children, especially in the covenant community of the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA). The CDM Children’s Ministry (CM) strives to cultivate ministries in the denomination that are Word-based and relationally-driven by connecting leaders to the people and resources they need to make disciples.
- Experiential knowledge of the historic Christian faith, along with a commitment to Reformed Theology (especially Covenant Theology), as defined in the Westminster Standards. Graduate level study in theology is helpful but not required.
- Training and/or degree in the field of education or ministry.
- Membership in good standing with a PCA church, as well as a commitment to the form of church government specified in the PCA Book of Church Order.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and direct a ministry program, particularly one designed to disciple children in the local church, along with their parents. The CM Coordinator must have a passion for developing and equipping children and those who serve them.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, encourage, motivate, and lead a group of gifted volunteers to develop ideas and strategy for ministry.
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships with leaders, members, and ministry partners in the Church.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills, including web-based resources and social media.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
View Job Description (PDF)
Access Candidate Questionnaire (MS Word)
Submit Cover Letter, Resume and Candidate Questionnaire to email@example.com