“He established a testimony in Jacob and appointed a law in Israel, which he commanded our fathers to teach to their children, that the next generation might know them, the children yet unborn, and arise and tell them to their children, so that they should set their hope in God…” — Psalm 78:5-7
Our covenant theology makes our approach to ministering to children unique. In the Bible, God promises to establish His people, and in response we are commanded to teach our children that our hope doesn’t lie in what we do or don’t do, our hope is in Jesus. As we seek to impart these truths to our children, it can be easy to forget how important our task is. In the grind of ministry, we can feel alone and forget how God is using our efforts.
We want to invite you to an Established Conference, to encourage and equip you to minister to the smallest in your congregation. Whether you are a volunteer, a staff person, or a parent, we want to remind you that God sees what you are doing, and you are not alone. God promises that He will continue the good work He has begun, and He has called CDM to partner with your church to make disciples of the next generation. Will you join us?
Why should you attend an Established Conference?
Established Conference Locations:
At each of these conferences, you will have the opportunity to attend interactive workshops on:
- Recruiting, Training And Retaining Your Children’s Ministry Labor Force
- Choosing The Right Curriculum For Every Age Group
- Developing A Ministry Team To Work With Families And Church Leadership
- Child Safety Policy Development
- Special Needs Training To Fit Your Church’s Needs
- Nursery Planning And Enhancement
- Reaching Out To Your Community’s Children
- Spiritual Growth Amid Ministry Mayhem
…and much more
If your church would like to host an Established Conference, please contact Bethany Belue, Established Administrator, 678-825-1154.
Who should attend an ESTABLISHED conference?
- Children’s Bible Teachers, Sunday School Teachers, and Classroom helpers
- Children’s Ministry Directors and Staff
- Church Leadership
- Youth Helpers
- Nursery Coordinators
- …and anyone willing to be more involved in “telling the next generation!”
Special Training from:
- Stephen Estock, CDM Coordinator
- CDM Staff and CDM’s Children’s Ministry Team
- B.A. Snider, Marketing Director/Great Commission Publications
- Staff from Engaging Disability with the Gospel
- Local Children’s Ministry Staff
- As well as opportunities for individual appointments with members of our training staff.
Each church represented will receive a free copy of Children’s Ministry 101, which gives a covenantal approach to next-generation ministry.
There are sponsorship opportunities available, including ads, exhibit booths, and items for the tote bags.
The purpose of the Established Conferences is to provide an opportunity to train and equip children’s ministry directors, staff, volunteers, nursery coordinators, church leadership, and youth helpers in the PCA. For 2019-2020, we have 5 Established Conferences scheduled, as well as our Children’s Ministry Leadership Training Retreat. There are several sponsorship opportunities that might interest your PCA GA-approved organization.
- Advertising: Ads need to be submitted with .125 inch bleeds and crop marks, 300 dpi on the images, all colors must be 4-color process and submitted as a press/print ready PDF (with crop marks and bleeds showing). Conference programs are used during the conferences and as a resource afterward.
- 5 Established Locations (Your ad would be included in each Region-specific program) – 1 page (5.5″ x 8.5″ ad final trim size); Artwork due by 8/15/19. Total cost is $500.
- Leadership Training Retreat – 1 page (8.5 x 11″ ad final trim size); Artwork due by 1/15/20. Total cost is $100.
- Exhibit Space: The cost for a 6’ exhibit table is $125/location, which includes the conference fee for one attendee. For exhibiting at the Children’s Ministry Leadership Training Retreat at Ridge Haven in April 2020, the cost is $400 (includes lodging in shared room, meals, and exhibit table) or $550 for a private room.
- Printed Items/Tote Bag Inserts: If you would like to have an item in the tote bag with your logo on it, this is free when you purchase an ad in the program. Ideas for tote bag inserts are: Sharpie markers (for writing name tags), pens, cups, brochures, etc. Registration counts will be provided 3 weeks prior to each event so you can send the items to the proper locations.
- Door Prizes & Other Opportunities: Contact Kathy Wargo if you have additional sponsorship ideas. Door prizes are also welcomed; let us know if you would like to provide them, and we will highlight your ministry from the front.
Sponsorship opportunities are limited and will be on a first-come first-served basis. Online registration and payment can be made on the Sponsorship tab at www.pcacdm.org/established-conferences or at this link.
Colorado Springs, CO (Oct. 4-5, 2019) – Atlanta, GA (Feb. 28-29, 2020) – Fullerton, CA (March 20-21, 2020) – San Antonio, TX (Sept. 25-26, 2020) – Harrisonburg, VA (Nov. 13-14, 2020) – Children’s Ministry Leadership Training Retreat at Ridge Haven, NC (April 14-16, 2020)
Deadline for 2019-2020 Conference Sponsorships: August 1, 2019
Sponsorship opportunities are limited and will be on a first-come first-served basis. Online registration and payment can be made here.
Questions? Contact Kathy Wargo – 678-825-1132 (email@example.com)
Email Bethany Belue or call 678-825-1154.