CDM’s Marriage Seminar at Your Church
The Discipleship Ministry of the PCA seeks to strengthen the church by connecting people to people and people to resources. One aspect of that mission is to provide onsite training and resources for the local church. Bring CDM to your church with this marriage seminar!
“Marriage … What Brings Us Together Today”
~ Rev. Stephen Estock
This five part seminar is designed to consider how God has given marriage for the benefit of mankind. In particular, the marriage relationship is an “arena” in which we see the grace of God at work in the lives of imperfect human beings. Each session considers a biblical text (see below) and provides opportunities for a couple to discuss the topic (during the seminar, as well as at home). The seminar works best in a context where couples can gather around tables to talk to each other and in small groups.
- Session 1: Why did I get married? (Genesis 1:26-28; 2:7-8, 15; 2:18-24)
- Session 2: Communication …and how to fight fairly (Proverbs 18:21, 21:23, 10:19, 15:1)
- Session 3: Who does what? (Ephesians 5:1-2, 15-33)
- Session 4: The hazards that can hurt a marriage (1 Corinthians 10:12-14)
- Session 5: “What’s love got to do with it?” … a more excellent way (1 Corinthians 7:1-5; 13:1-8a)
To inquire about scheduling a marriage conference at your church please email Bethany Belue, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Plane ticket, car rental and gas, or mileage (at the current IRS rate).
- CDM will invoice the church for the travel cost.
- Lodging (choose 1 of 3 options):
- The church books the hotel room directly and pays for it.
- CDM books the hotel room, and CDM will invoice the church.
- A church member may host the CDM Staff in their home. Please provide the individual(s) with a private bedroom and bathroom.
- CDM Ministry Partner Fee:
- A fee of $500 is charged to churches who are not currently giving to CDM.
- For those churches giving $500 or more to CDM for the year, the fee for training is waived.
- An honorarium to the speaker is appreciated but is not expected.