Summer Online Hinged Bible Study
Book of Ephesians
June to August 2020
All the women of the PCA are invited to join with us!
Friends…anybody out there feeling a little disconnected? Maybe a bit unhinged from Christ and His Church? I want to invite all the women of the PCA to study the book of Ephesians with me this summer, using the Hinged Bible Study starting the first week of June.
Ephesians hinges on two grand ideas: being vitally connected to Christ and His Church. Chapters 1–3 take us vertical as we connect to Christ. And chapters 4–6 move us out horizontally as we learn to connect to each other. This study was written by nine women just like you who come from different generations, geographical contexts, and different kinds of churches but the study blends their voices to sing as one. It is my prayer as you gather an intergenerational group of women (virtually or Lord willing in person), you will see not only the beauty in community but also hear that kind of gospel echo in your group.
By joining with us, you will:
- Be able to access teaching videos (30 min.) on each of the 12 Bible Study passages taught by Karen Hodge and Paula Miles. Note this teaching is different than the teaching you would receive at a Hinged Conference.
- Be invited to our Hinged Hangout – A Facebook Live Event each Wednesday night at 8pm EST where we will have the chance to learn from the authors and one another (these are optional).
- Receive a weekly encouragement from Karen in your inbox.
Let’s Get Started
- Video teaching (30 min.) that corresponds with the weekly chapter. They will reside on our CDM YouTube Channel which you can subscribe to here.
- Hinged Point-discussion questions.
- Other helpful encouragements.
- Invite women from your church, neighborhood, far away friends, or family to join you.
- If you want to know if other women from your church have signed up, you can email Kathy Wargo at firstname.lastname@example.org to ask for a list.
- We certainly want to welcome anyone who wants to study this individually as well.
- Virtual: You could gather to discuss the study virtually via Zoom or Google Hangout.
- Phone: You could coordinate a weekly conference call to share what you have learned on Free Conference Call.
- Text or Video: You could start a text, or use groupme or voxer to share your a-ha moments.
- Face to Face: Lord willing, you may even be able to meet in person.
We encourage you to dig into the weekly lessons. Each lesson has five days of content to help you. The study includes these parts:
- Encourages women to dig into the scriptures.
- Focuses on having the mind of Christ.
- Focuses on being vitally connected to Christ.
- Encourages women to glean the passage for gospel application, both individually and relationally with others.
- Focuses largely on women’s hearts.
- Focuses on being vitally connected to His Church.
- Opening and closing prayers
- To hide God’s Word in your heart.
- We have these available on our webpage to download.
- The teaching video (30 min.) corresponds with the weekly chapter.
- You can watch them anytime you like. (A new one will post each Friday.)
- They will reside on our CDM YouTube Channel which you can subscribe to here.
Subscribe to CDM Encourage and Equip Leaders YouTube Channel to access Hinged Video Bible study teaching starting May 29th
We invite you to become a member of the Connect PCA Women’s Ministry Facebook Page to join our Hinged Hangouts every Wednesday night 8pm EST June-August.
SUMMER HINGED BIBLE STUDY ON EPHESIANS – FAQ’s
We are so excited that so many of you have already signed up. Here are a few questions I have answered this week. If I don’t answer your questions, feel free to contact us and we will answer them.
How do I sign up?: https://pcacdm.org/HBS/
When does it start? Those who sign up will start getting their Hinged email (teaching video, discussion questions and other helpful encouragements) each Friday starting May 29th and then each Friday for the next 12 weeks.
Can you do it individually or as group? YES and YES! You could do it with women in your church, neighborhood or far away friends. I heard about a group of MTW missionaries who plan to do it together and I loved the story of a grandmother who is doing it with her daughter and granddaughter. We will give you helpful tips and discussion questions each week when you sign up. You could meet virtually or Lord willing in person. You could also do it individually at your own pace.
Is there any limit as to how many women can join? NO, the more the merrier!
How do I access the Teaching Videos? When you sign up, you will get the weekly (30 min.) teaching videos delivered to your inbox. A new one goes up each week and you can watch them anytime you like. They will reside on our YouTube Channel which you can subscirbe to here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDfBMg5dco25vL0wCDgz63Q
How do I get my Bible Study Book? You can purchase your print copy here. There is a bulk discount so buy for a group, save the shipping, and have a porch pick up.
Can we see a sample chapter? https://www.pcabookstore.com/samples/14800.pdf
Who are the authors? https://www.pcabookstore.com/samples/14800TOC_and_intro.pdf
What is the HINGED HANGOUT? This will be an optional/relational community building Facebook Live Event each Wednesday night at 8:00-8:30pm EST starting June 3rd on this page to learn from the authors and one another. There will be fun giveaways and we hope to post the recording of it each week so you can watch later.
Hinged Bible Study on the book of Ephesians
Binding: Coil Binding | Chapters: 12 | Page Count: 210
The study was written by nine women from CDM’s National Women’s Ministry Team. Each brings her own unique voice, experiences, and a love for Christ and His Church to this study of Ephesians. It is a study about belonging, how God unites us in His beautiful bride, and we want you to be a part! Authors: Rachel Craddock, Christina Fox, Karen Hodge, Paula Miles, Connie Miller, Shea Patrick, Lisa Tarplee, Ronjanett Taylor, and Susan Tyner.
View sample pages below: