By Rev. Gary Yagel
- Make the event too valuable for men to miss. Find out what is most valuable to your men. (See the next FAQ question)
- Do fewer events but do them well.
- Get ownership of the event by engaging the men’s ministry team and key influencers in the planning and conducting of the event.
- Don’t plan or expect every event to appeal to every man. Niche plan and market. One group of guys may want to meet at a pub and discuss a book. Another group might have a before-work bible study. Another group may love cycling together. Promote all three groups and challenge them to help their men support each other in their spiritual battles.
- Get your leadership team to personally invite men to events and pick them up.