By Rev. Gary Yagel
Surveys Conducted Among Christian Men Reveal Where They Want Spiritual Help:
- With their marriages—the number one request on men’s surveys.
- Battling sexual temptation—the temptation men struggle with most.
- Better managing their time—sticking to the right priorities and being consistent in the spiritual disciplines.
- Being the spiritual leader in their homes—knowing how to meet their wives needs how to disciple their kids.
- Seeing their job as a calling from God and receiving Biblical wisdom for tough, job-related issues.
- Being more faithful in outreach to the lost. Most men feel like spiritual failures because they are doing little to share their faith.
- Finding a brother for friendship, encouragement, and accountability.
- Getting control of their anger and becoming more patient.
- Investing their lives not just for success, but for significance.
- Knowing how to satisfy their hearts more by delighting in God.
The root need of every man is satisfying his soul more in Christ. But as he sees the biblical answers to the above felt needs, the result is that his walk with Christ is energized.