Connecting women to key doctrine and Women’s Ministry topics. Use this video for your own personal encouragement or share them with your Women’s Ministry to invite women to connect in conversation around these truths. Here are some questions to get you started as well as some resources to dig deeper on this topic.
Questions to connect around:
- As you examine the overall Women’s Ministry Discipleship at your church can you name 2-3 examples of how you see this ministry glorifying and enjoying God?
- How are the content and curriculum choices for your Women’s Ministry Discipleship helping women to think Biblically about all of life and live these truths our in the covenant community?
- Do you currently have a procedure in place to review and approve Women’s Ministry Discipleship materials?
- Consider if your Women’s ministry has ever been sidetracked by the following pitfalls:
- Personality-driven ministry – Where the focus is on the individual rather than God.
- Program-driven ministry – Where the program structure supersedes the people.
- Preference-driven ministry – Where the felt needs of women supersedes their real needs.
5. Spend some time evaluating if your Women’s Ministry Discipleship currently:
- Aligns with the mission and vision of your session.
- Perpetuates a high view of the church.
- Integrates both the educational and relational aspects of spiritual growth.
Key resources that under-gird a Kingdom model of discipleship:
Making Kingdom Disciples – Charles Dunahoo
Women of the Word – Jen Wilkin
Following the Ways of the Word (Bible study) – Kathleen Nielson
About Teri Anderson:
Teri Anderson serves as a CDM Women’s Ministry Trainer and works full time as an independent Mary Kay Director enriching the lives of women. She and her husband Mark serve in various roles at Spring Meadows PCA in Las Vegas, NV. Teri counts it a blessing to be called into this variety of arenas because she “belongs to another in order that we may bear fruit for God.” (Romans 7:4)