Connecting women to key doctrine and Women’s Ministry topics. Use this video for your own personal encouragement or share them with your Women’s Ministry to invite women to connect in conversation around these truths. Here are some questions to get you started as well as some resources to dig deeper on this topic.
Questions to Connect Around:
- As a Bible study teacher what are some of the blessings that you have experienced?
- Even though teaching the Word to others is a tremendous opportunity and privilege, what are some of the personal obstacles that hinder your preparation as a teacher?
- Consider the three steps in preparing your heart as bible study teacher:
- Preparation to teach the text
- Why is each one of these essential in its own right?
- How do these steps build upon one another?
- What happens when you leave one of them out?
- Women of the Word by Jen Wilkin
- Word Filled Women’s Ministry by Gloria Furman & Kathleen Nielson
- Bible Study by Kathleen Nielson
About Lisa Hellier:
Lisa has served the PCA in her local church, First Presbyterian Church in Macon, GA, as a Bible study teacher and small group leader. For the past sixteen years, her desire to teach, train, and lead women to know, love, and serve God with all of their lives has also allowed her to teach and train women through community Bible studies, retreats, and conferences. She joined the CDM Women’s Ministry Team as a Trainer in 2015. Lisa is married to Jim and mom to three teenage sons, Nate, Matthew, and Samuel. They live in Jackson, MS. Facebook: Lisa Hellier.