Questions to Connect Around:
- Evaluate honestly what you think the first thing that comes to your mind and the minds of your women if you asked the question, “What is Women’s Ministry?”
- Discuss the following definition of Women’s ministry:
Women’s Ministry is encouraging and equipping all (kinds) women to fulfill their creation design and embrace their redemptive calling.
Do you have your own definition?
- Discuss how effectively you are currently contextualizing your Women’s Ministry to where you live and the women God has called you to minister alongside of? How seamlessly is your Women’s Ministry aligned with the mission and vision of your session? When is the last time you have had an intentional conversation with your session about the overall health of your Women’s Ministry?
- Spend some time discussing some of these questions found in the Women’s Ministry Diagnostic tool found here.
- Women’s Ministry in the Local Church by Susan Hunt and Ligon Duncan
- Women’s Ministry Training and Resource Guide
- Women’s Ministry Toolbox
About Karen Hodge:
Karen Hodge serves as the Coordinator for PCA Women’s Ministry, where she seeks to connect women and churches to one another and to sound resources. She is also having the time of her life serving alongside her husband Chris, Senior Pastor at Naperville Presbyterian Church in Naperville, IL. Chris and Karen have two children Anna Grace 22 and Haddon 19 that round out “Team Hodge.” It is from the perspective of a wife, mother, leader, and fellow pilgrim that she hopes to offer insight from God’s Word to women concerning how she and they can most effectively learn to enjoy and extend God’s Glory.